Study Also Finds Sumo Logic Helps Lessen Alert Fatigue and Reduce False Positives by 90% Improving Overall Threat Remediation Efficacy
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Sumo Logic (Nasdaq: SUMO), the pioneer in continuous intelligence , today released a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Sumo Logic the Total Economic Impact™ of Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM . The study was developed through extensive research with a group of Sumo Logic customers who have $2-$10 billion in annual revenue and a hybrid-cloud environment. The goal of the study is to provide security and IT leaders with a framework to evaluate the potential financial benefits of Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM solution on their organizations.
“As enterprises modernize their security operations they need to make the right decisions while evaluating critical security solutions such as a SIEM, and balance the costs and complexity involved with adopting a cloud SIEM solution,” said Greg Martin, Vice President and General Manager for the Security Business Unit at Sumo Logic. “With so much at stake in threat hunting, there is no time to waste trying to find a needle in a haystack of false positive alerts, and this is what we believe makes Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM so powerful. This study validates how our Cloud SIEM solution offers rapid deployment and quick time-to-value with real-time security analytics to help reduce alert fatigue and bolster their security posture.”
The study further demonstrated that after implementing Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM, customers improved the effectiveness of their SOC teams, enhancing their overall security postures. Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM solution can be tested and deployed quickly — a process that takes twice as long with other SIEM solutions — and SOC teams are able to spend time on higher-value work, improving overall employee experience and retention. The power of Sumo Logic’s cloud-native platform means fewer false positive alerts, so SOC teams can focus on resolving real threats and thwarting potentially costly attacks.
Additionally, the Forrester Total Economic Impact study revealed additional benefits through implementation of Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM including:
- Reduce false positives by 90%, improving success of threat-hunting. The Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM solution reduces the volume of false positive alerts for the composite organization. The SOC team spends less time chasing false positive alerts, and team members can instead focus on investigating genuine security incidents.
- Improve threat remediation, saving almost four hours per incident. Using Sumo Logic, the composite organization’s security log data is automatically collected and aggregated. With just a few clicks into the Sumo Logic dashboards, the SOC team can begin investigations and start remediating security incidents.
- Decrease the risk of a security breach. With Sumo Logic, the composite organization’s SOC team investigates and remediates security threats more quickly and efficiently. The faster incident response time significantly shrinks the security vulnerability window by 80%.
- Boost audit and compliance efficacy, shaving six weeks per year off the audit cycle. Sumo Logic automatically logs and compiles the data the composite organization needs for compliance audits. This saves the time of both internal and external auditors.
Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM is a cloud-native solution that addresses the challenges facing today’s modern SOC by automating the manual work for security analysts, saving them time and enabling them to be more effective by focusing on higher-value security functions. Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM provides continuous intelligence through real-time security analytics and compliance to help automate the collection, ingestion and analysis of application, infrastructure, and security data to derive actionable insights for security teams within seconds.
Total Economic Impact (TEI) is a methodology developed by Forrester Consulting that enhances a company’s technology decision-making processes and assists vendors in communicating the value proposition of their products and services to clients. The TEI methodology helps companies demonstrate, justify, and realize the tangible value of IT initiatives to both senior management and other key business stakeholders.
- Download the full Total Economic Impact™ study
- Read our blog to learn more about the business benefits of Sumo Logic’s Cloud SIEM
- Watch this video for a quick overview of Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM
- Learn more about the Modern Enterprise Security Architecture Framework
- Request a demo to automate your SOC with Cloud SIEM
- Sign up for a free trial of Sumo Logic
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic Inc. (Nasdaq: SUMO) is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com .
Sumo Logic is a trademark or registered trademark of Sumo Logic in the United States and in foreign countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Any information regarding offerings, updates, functionality, or other modifications, including release dates, is subject to change without notice. The development, release, and timing of any offering, update, functionality, or modification described herein remains at the sole discretion of Sumo Logic, and should not be relied upon in making a purchase decision, nor as a representation, warranty, or commitment to deliver specific offerings, updates, functionalities, or modifications in the future.